Sunday, November 6, 2011

back to reality

Wow. It has been almost a month since I posted, and I can't blame that entirely on the holidays. Yes, they were extremely disruptive, and I had to play catch up in both my classes and my jobs, but still. I will get back to posting at least weekly, if not more!

Meanwhile, this weather has been crazy- one day it is snowing in October, the next it is 60 degrees in November! Getting dressed in the morning is tricky, because I never really know what the weather will be like. This has just renewed my love affair with layering. Not only can you bring summer clothes into the winter with cardigans and tights, you can also peel off layers when it warms up. There is a trick to it though; if you aren't careful, you can just look dumb wearing a summer dress and sweater in December. Try to stay with thinner layers, and stick with similar fabrics. Some exceptions are leather jackets with flowy, girly dresses, and heavy cocoon vests with tanks and jeans.

Try it out and let me know how you mix layers and weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment