Thursday, August 25, 2011

good will towards Goodwill


Since I am a broke college student- even though I work TWO jobs- I am always looking for inexpensive ways to update my wardrobe. I have had really good luck lately at Goodwill. Yes, there is a slight ick factor (maybe due to the slightly stale smell?) but if you are willing to invest the time, you can find some great items. And unlike the more 'acceptable' thrift stores, Goodwill is super cheap!

I got a pair of Gap ultra-low rise bootcut jeans for $4, and literally wear them all the time! Plus, Gap stopped making the ultra low rise, so finding them is hard.
I also scooped up two pairs of 7 for all Mankind jeans for only $8 each, saving myself over $200.
It is also a great place for accessories- my chain strap crossbody bag cost me $1.50- the same bag stores were carrying for $40-90 last summer!!

So the next time it is raining outside and you are sick of the mall, go spend an hour in Goodwill and see how much $20 can buy you

No comments:

Post a Comment